Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Creative Every Day - Blue

I came across this quote by Brian Koslow just when I needed it most. It reads, "If you nurture your mind, body, and spirit, your time will expand. You will gain a new perspective that will allow you to accomplish much more."I've been taking the time to take better care of myself and it has made a huge difference. I'm back on track with taking my walks, and working out, and I've even worked in my journal everyday.
I've just kinda allowed myself (finally!) to try different techniques and not worry too much (i hate my handwriting, but looky there! it's on this page!) about the outcome. I've read over and over again that it's more about the process than about the finished page. I get that now.
This particular "style" was very much inspired by an Inspiration Wednesday video by Donna Downey.
Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. every page becomes my favorite. keep up the great work. I LOVE THIS page!!!!
    Jilly #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally tell you let yourself go with this page...it's GREAT to see you relax and let it flow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your page is beautiful -- handwriting and all! :)

    Visiting from CED. Glad you chose to play with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Your lettering is very pretty. I pinned it on Pinterest because it's such a lovely reminder :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Alissa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quote, and it makes sense in that if you're busy you get more done. We need to make time for the important things and the other things will be able to find time in there somewhere. My writing is a tough spot too, I try not to use it if at all possible, and yet others who see it like it. What's with that? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Limes! I can't figure out the handwriting thing either . . . :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colours! I too was nervous about putting my handwriting on my artwork, but I'm learning to write in a mixture of upper and lower case so that it can't look consistent and the potential messiness is giving me more confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Louise! I'm definitely going to try mixing uppercase and lowercase letters!

    ReplyDelete