Monday, March 24, 2014

A Treasure!

I found a treasure!  A TREASURE, I tell you!

I had to make a trip to Michael's for something. . . I don't even remember what it was now. . .and I thought I would just browse through to see if there was anything fancy that caught my eye.

As I was walking down the aisle with the sketchbooks and journals, I noticed a green journal on the top shelf that had the word "Fabriano" embossed on the front.

Wait. . .what?  Fabriano? At Michael's?!? Oh my . . .

So I very carefully took it from the shelf and opened the cover.  Hmpf . . .not quite what I thought it would be. . .

BUT. . . as I closed the cover, my eye caught a glimpse of a journal on the very bottom shelf with one of those Clearance Tags under it.

Be still my heart . . . could it be that today is going to be a very lucky day?  I knelt down and gingerly picked up the journal. . . and nearly passed out.  It is! It is a Hardcover Fabriano Journal with 110 lb. watercolor cardstock!

Wait.  Is it really on Clearance?  So I lean in a little closer to read the tag. . . .and nearly passed out.  It is!  It is a Hardcover Fabriano Journal with 110 lb. watercolor cardstock on CLEARANCE!

Now, if you don't know about Fabriano cardstock, let me just tell you that it is the most delicious, luxurious, paper for journaling. . . especially if  you like to use spray inks or any other watery type of media . . or acrylic paints . .. or ink pads . . . or spray paint. . . or  . . . well, you get the idea.

So, I stood up (probably a little bit too quickly) and nearly did a dance all the way to the check out.  This journal was definitely going home with me!  Did I mention it was on Clearance???

So . . . here is a picture of the cover just in case you decide to run (not walk) to Michael's and get one of these beauties for you:


And here's a picture of the very first page:

And I'll share more pages later . . .

Thanks for stopping by today . . . my journal is calling me. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment