Thursday, April 19, 2012

Blue Hearts

A friend of mine asked why there weren't any words on any of my journal pages.  After all, one is supposed to write in a journal, right?

Oh . . .I'm not so sure about that. . . sometimes, just the colors I use are enough to convey what's been on my mind, in my heart, or my overall mood.  But sometimes, they have nothing to do with anything at all.

And, I admit that I have some reservations about writing in plain word form.  It is something that I'm working on . . .finding the guts to write, not only on my journal pages, but more freely here on my blog.

I guess I kinda found myself in a rut with my "other" blog because it was so focused on my store.  All that was ever on there were class schedules, what new goodies had arrived, and project samples.  After doing that for six years, it almost seems like that's all I know how to do.

But, like I said, I'm working on that and trying really hard to step out of my comfort zone. . . in so many more ways than just journaling. . . thank you for joining me on this journey . . . and thanks for stopping by today!

What I used:
Gesso
Tumble Tye Die Spray Ink
Oil Pastels
Golden Fluid Acrylic Paint
Sharpie Paint Pen
Punchinella
Tile Texture and Mini Cursive Alphabet stencils
Heart stencil by Maya Road

3 comments:

  1. I love this page Cat! I don't know either if you really have to write "words", don't they say that color can express our moods,our inner Souls? I don't or haven't maybe is better to say,written in my journal,yet,.... Of course these kinds of pages are a BIG step out of my comfort zone..... Maybe we can help each other on that journey!?
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us today!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary . . . I used to be such a writer. . . loved all of my Composition classes in high school and college, but it seems like I hit a wall. . . little by little I'm adding words, sometimes written and then all covered up, or sometimes pieces cut out of books/magazines. Would love to help each other! Perhaps something like inspiration prompts? Or "trigger" words.

      Delete
    2. Oh that sound great Cat! I like the words cocered up idea. Like a secret message to yourself. It could take the fear out of writing something that you don't really want to share with people,but it is important to you to document the feeling,fear or the dreams. Trigger words are good as well,although I even have a hard time coming up with those because I am afraid it is going to sound silly! But that is one of the things I am working on,so those would be really good!
      I am moving into my new studio this week,so by next week I should be ready to go! And in my Lavendar room that is suppose to promote creativity!! lol

      Delete