Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Musings - We Shut Off the Cable

Two years ago, our cable bill went up $5.00 a month. Eh, no big deal. Last year, it went up $10.00 a month. Grrrrr . . . fine, I'll deal with it.  I noticed on this month's bill, it went up another $10.00 a month. Nope. I'm done.

There are only about eight (of the 62) channels we actually watch . . .so by my math, we're paying almost $8.00 per channel.  So, we decided to shut it off.

I've never really been much of a TV watcher, anyway.  There are a few shows that I particularly enjoy, but I'm not one to set my clock by what day/time a show is on.
I know . . .the journal page has nothing to do with this post, but I love this page and wanted to share it.

I actually remember wwwwaaaayyyy back when, the girls at work would always come in the day after Seinfeld was on and talk about how funny the episode was.  I had no idea what they were talking about . . I'd never seen the show. When I told them that, they all looked at me like I was from another planet.  To this day, I've seen maybe three episodes.

Anyway, since we have shut off the cable, I've noticed a few things around here.

1. My husband and I got into the really bad habit of watching TV while eating dinner in the studio.  Now, we actually sit at the dining room table again and have a conversation.

2. I read the news now. I think it's better for me because I get all the important information without being bombarded with graphic images.

3. Finally, I've noticed a much lower bill. . . . $62.00 lower.  (Hey . . .that's at least one new pair of shoes!)

How about you? Have you made any changes lately that have had a positive impact on you?

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment