Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bubbles with a Splash of Coral

I try to take the dogs out on a walk at least four times a week.  While I'm on these walks, I do a lot of thinking.   I think about what I can post on the blog and always seems to come up with something really good, but of course, when I sit down to do it, my mind is blank.

Funny how that happens.

So then I thought, why not do warm-ups for writing like I do right before working in my journal? And ya know what? The same thing happens.  I stare at the blank notebook pages and just doodle along the margins.  ***sigh***
Supplies used: Crafter's Workshop stencils: Balzer Designs Pomegranate and Triangle Plaid, Gathered Flowers, Dylusions Letter Jumble, Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paint, Golden Fluid Acrylic Paint, Gesso,  Tumble Dye Spray Inks, Mr. Huey's White Spray Ink, Stabilo Pencil
But then I thought . . . I'm a pretty structured person.  Not only do I need it, I crave it.  I have a weekly schedule . . .I do certain things on certain days . . .and perhaps I need to include "free writing" time into my schedule.  Just fifteen minutes a day. So that will begin next week. . . 15 minutes a day of free writing . . .about something . . .or nothing . . . or everything. Just to get myself back into the habit of writing.  I'm excited to see where it leads . . .

What about you? Do you have any tips you'd like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment