Monday, July 02, 2012

Monday Musings - The Music of Summer

We listen to the radio a lot since we shut off the cable.  While I was listening the other day, "I Want Candy" by Bow Wow Wow came on and it got me thinking.  I love summer. It's most definitely my favorite season and it seems that there is just some music that I expect to hear during the hot months.

This page is still in progress, but I thought I'd share it anyway.  I love the citrus-y colors . . .
I'll post it again with what I used when it's all done.

Here's my Top Ten List of Summer Music (in no particular order):

1. Three Little Birds by Bob Marley
2. I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow
3. Hotel California by The Eagles
4. Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners
5. Amber by 311
6. Do You Remember by Jack Johnson
7. The Remedy by Jason Mraz
8. Volcano Girls by Veruca Salt
9. Waiting on the World to Change by John Mayer
10. Joga by Bjork

Some of the songs go way back, some are more recent, and I definitely have eclectic taste in music. By the way, it's really hard to find "original" videos for some of the songs . . .sheesh. But, I was able to find a link for each song.

What about you? Do you have any favorite "Summer Songs?"

Thanks for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. Love your canvas ! My favorite colors for summer as well, along with red! :)
    Favorite songs for summer.....got to have a little Beach Boys! The other thing I love is good jazz from 3rd force and Hiroshima!
    Have a great week! Can't aw
    It to see your finished canvas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! Oh! The Beach Boys! Definitely! I might have to do another list....

      Delete